Keeping track of your liquor inventory system is not only stressful, but can make your job as a bar or restaurant manager much more difficult. Thankfully, there are solutions to this issue and downloading a bar inventory app is one of them.
If you’re only just starting out as a bar manager, you may ask yourself, how do I do a bar inventory? There are ways to use a bar inventory spreadsheet manually. However, this will take too much time from your day and most likely lead to human error. Odds are, you’ve already tried to do this several times from following misleading online guides, unlike this one.
With a dependable and well-developed software, you can save yourself a lot of time to do the things you actually want to do as a bar manager. Keep reading to understand why using an application to manage your bar is always a win-win.
Reasons why you may need a bar inventory app
- You’ve just started your own bar or restaurant and don’t know how useful a bar inventory app can truly be
- You have owned a bar or restaurant for years and are fed up with years of wasted profits
- You are either of the above and desire an easy way of minimizing costs, reducing dead stock, and identifying loses
How will bar inventory software make your restaurant more profitable?
If you want to increase liquor sales, the best thing to do would be to start using our bar inventory app to manage your supply. One of the major ways that the platform can make your bar or restaurant more profitable is by decreasing inventory time by approximately 80%. Without having to spend all of your time and energy on doing this, you’ll be given the opportunity to find other ways to improve sales.
For example, with our beverage analytics platform, you can forecast restaurant sales based on events, weather, holidays, and more. With this data, you can increase profits by only ordering products that will sell best on certain days.
You’ll also be able to calculate pour costs with WISK. This is a necessary process and could mean the difference between a successful bar and one that’s going to fail. Having the ability to observe and control your inventory whenever you wish can help you keep a beverage’s pour cost inexpensive and thus, profitable for you. For instance, even a dollar difference in the price of a drink could suggest thousands lost every month.
Another way that WISK makes your bar financially successful is by reducing waste and unused stock. With our intelligent bar inventory app, you’ll no longer be estimating the amount of liquor you need to purchase. In other words, you’ll be able to measure the exact amount of alcohol you have in stock to determine your next order. This is very useful especially if you run a large establishment.
Imagine the following scenario:
You own a whisky bar with over 40 types of brands on the menu. You’re one of the only true whisky bars in the city and you want to impress by providing as many options as possible. This can get very confusing and remembering details is more difficult. With our application, you can measure and store different types of whiskey brands from Jack Daniels to more obscure beverages like Heaven Hill. WISK has it all and you’ll be able to accurately monitor your supply with less headaches and mistakes.
Top Benefits of Bar Inventory Management
The main problem with ordering too much of what you need is the waste that comes with it. However, with an application for keeping track of your liquor, you can avoid dead stock at all costs. In addition, if your staff is prone to spilling, giving away freebies, or destroying bottles, a system for managing inventory can help you prevent lost profits.
Using advanced technology doesn’t have to be scary. After all, this isn’t 2001: A Space Odyssey and WISK isn’t Hal 9000. Jokes aside, with an app for managing beverages, you don’t have to worry about making mistakes. Most importantly, if inventory is organized properly, you can minimize the chances of serving customers something other than what they ordered. Bartenders will be more efficient by using the right liquors and the right amount of it to fulfill customer orders.
Always have what you need in stock
There’s nothing worse than not having all of the ingredients for a certain mixed drink or recipe. With the help of an alcohol inventory app, you can always make sure you have what you need to satisfy your customers. Picture a large group of coworkers coming to your bar or restaurant after work. They all decide to match each other’s orders and get the same cocktails. Whether its a martini or a Negroni, you need to make sure you have the right gin brand to fulfill that many orders. It wouldn’t look impressive if you had to deny the drink to part of the group because you didn’t get enough gin the previous week.
10 Steps to using WISK’s liquor inventory software
1. Download the app in the app store
2. Open the app and click on the “inventory” icon
3. View a list of all of your locations within your venue
4. Start scanning bottles using your iPhone camera (acts as barcode scanner)
5. Weigh the open bottles using the Bluetooth liquor inventory scale
6. Count the closed bottles using the + and – signs or calculator on the app
7. Find the bottles without barcodes using the search feature
8. Save the location and move on to the next one when finished
9. Submit your inventory once all the locations are saved
10. Receive your generated report straight to your emails
Why choose WISK?
Finally, how does WISK stand out from other bar inventory apps? It’s simple. Besides being highly intelligent, organized, and efficient, WISK allows you to do more.
The Unique Capabilities of WISK
- Allows you to scan the barcodes of beverages
- Offers a scale to weigh bottles for precise measurements
- Gives you the option of ordering and receiving
- Includes integration with TouchBistro, Lightspeed, Silverware, and 30+ more POS software
- Incorporates Bluetooth scale integration
- Comes with full phone support from our team
- Gives you the option of month to month contracts
- Includes a database of over 50k bottles to choose from
To recap, our software offers the most useful features for any bar or restaurant supervisor. From having the largest selection of brands to full POS system integration, we’ve got you covered. We are leaders in the hospitality industry and are passionate about helping restaurant managers make their day to day tasks stress-free. Please call us at +1 855-678-9475 or visit https://wisk.ai/ for more information.